In this weeks podcast I:
– Give my thoughts on the Jets/Patriots tampering fight
– Look at the negatives of signing Adrian Peterson
– Touch on a few possible Jets extensions
– Look at the contract situations of Rivers, Eli, and Brees with thoughts on trades
– Explain why teams use high second year cap charges rather than stated option bonuses
– Go over the rules for roster bonus prorations
Jason is the founder of OTC and has been studying NFL contracts and the salary cap for over 15 years. Jason has co-authored two books about the NFL, Crunching Numbers and the Drafting Stage, which are widely circulated in the industry and hosts the OTC Podcast. Jason’s work has been featured in various publications including the Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, NFL Network and more. OTC is widely considered the leading authority on contract matters in the NFL.